The WADECO Overhead Crane Crash Avoidance System, also known as the MICRO-ROBO, is a two part, microwave based system developed specifically for use on overhead cranes as a crash avoidance sensor.
The system consisted of two units. One unit is installed on each crane in a face-to-face arrangement with two cranes running on the same rails
When one crane approaches the detection area of an adjacent crane, its sensor detects the microwaves transmitted by the sensor mounted on the other crane and an appropriate alarm is generated, thus preventing a collision.
- - Transmitter and receiver are combined in one compact and economical unit. (2 units per system)
UNAFFECTED BY ADVERSE ENVIRONMENTS
- - Microwaves are generally unaffected by environmental conditions.
- - The system is unaffected by rain, wind, snow, frost, heavy dust, smoke or vapor.
- - Easily penetrates dirt and dust accumulation on the antenna, thanks to the high penetrability of microwaves.
THREE DIMENSIONAL DETECTION AREA
- - The sensor has a conical shaped beam pattern.
- - The detection occurs when one sensor enters the detecting area of the others.
- - The detection area can be adjusted by setting the system sensitivity.
NO SET-TO-SET INTERFERENCE
- - Four (4) channels are available, selectable by rotary switch (AC Version Only)
- - This permits the use of multiple systems in close proximity to each other.
POWER LEVEL & SENSITIVITY INDICATORS
- - The received power level and sensitivity set point are indicated on the receiver by a bank of 15 L.E.D.s.
- - This allows for easy visual adjustment and maintenance of the sensors.
ENCLOSURE RATED AT IP65 EQUIVALENT
- - The unit is designed to operate and survive in a harsh industrial environment.